Funny how things happen. I was sitting in Starbuck's one day at the end of last year assessing the site for Babygirlz. I was searching for content and fillers on the actual interface, but I needed another opinion. I saw these two teenage girls at the counter waiting on their morning coffee and asked one of them over to the table to "take a quick look" for me. "No hurry" I tell her..."but if you could call/email me when you think of something, I would appreciate it". Well, a few days pass and I receive an email from Katrina reminding me of who she was and letting me know that she was in a radio class at her high school. She was requesting to interview me about Babygirlz as part of her final grade for the semester.

After a few schedule conflicts, on January 11, 2010, Katrina, Leodisha (her producer), and I, were able to sit down and discuss Babygirlz.

These two girls were amazing! They knew their stuff! They had their questions together, they had their heads on straight, and they were ready. I was very proud to see them in action. My hope is that I can get the both of them to work on Babygirlz in a contributing writer capacity because they would be perfect as they both have aspirations to have a magazine.

Yes, the interview was taped, but unfortunately, my copy isn't very clear. When I can catch up with the instructor, I will request another one that I can possibly download for your listening pleasure.

It was a very proud moment since it was my first time getting on the airwaves and having the opportunity to discuss Babygirlz in a public forum with so many listeners.

Peace,
Traci

5 Comments:

  1. Barbara said...
    I'm so glad that it was such a positive and amazing experience for you and an empowering move for Babygirlz! I knew it would be. When I was at RHS, working with KEGC was so much fun. We ROCKED the morning announcements, lol. Sounds like these lovely girlz have taken the broadcast game to the next level, which is so fab. I think they would be a beautiful addition to the family =)
    Babygirlz Magazine said...
    I think they would be an awesome part of the BG fam TOO, B! You should meet them soon.

    I remember you told me that you were part of the 88.1 Fam and that you had fun. There is so much energy there.

    I wish you could have gone with me!
    They made speaking in front of a room full of 20, relaxing...because you KNOW how shy I am :=)
    Don said...
    Where can I hear the interview?
    Barbara said...
    Can't wait to meet them. I'm starting to sprout my big sister wings already =).
    Babygirlz Magazine said...
    @ Don,

    I had a copy of the interview, but the audio was not coming through clearly. I am waiting to receive another copy from the studio and then I will post the whole thing! I was nervous...SUPER nervous, but when talking about Babygirlz, it just flows. It's probably the most I talk ever ::with so much pride::

Post a Comment